Reliable Advice for Employers and Employees
The attorneys of The Heritage Law Group advise our clients about the complex legal issues that lie within the employer-employee relationship. While our main objective is to advise employers about the best ways to avoid potential workplace liability to employees, we also represent employers and sometimes workers in administrative agency hearings and civil litigation on employment law issues.
Contact The Heritage Law Group to learn how our experience and insights can benefit you and your company. We offer both comprehensive one-stop counsel on the full range of employment law matters and more focused advice for clients who need help with a particular problem.
Our law firm’s employment practice covers such issues as the following:
- Advice about problems that can arise at any stage of the employment relationship from recruiting and hiring to suspension or termination
- Training and personnel policy advice on state and federal compliance issues, including California’s requirement that supervisors receive training about sexual harassment
- Preparation and review of employee manuals and human resources policies
- Investigation and response to complaints of discrimination, wage and hour violations, unsafe working conditions and other workplace disputes
- Advice about family, medical or pregnancy leave
- Workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance issues
- Preparation of offer letters, warning letters, termination letters and other communications with important legal consequences
- Negotiation and preparation of executive or professional employment contracts and severance agreements
- Advice about the employment law aspects of partnership, professional practice or family business relationships
- Protection of proprietary information through restrictive covenants addressing trade secrets, non-compete terms, invention assignments, or nondisclosure
Whether you need advice about revising an employee manual or the best way to resolve a wrongful termination or unfair competition claim, our lawyers can advise you about your options and help you find the right approach toward a favorable resolution. For additional information about the scope of our employment law practice, contact The Heritage Law Group in the San Jose area.